Homemade chocolate chip cookies are like a warm hug. Crunchy on the outside, gooey on the inside and the perfect homemade treat. Whether you’re baking with your children, making them for loved ones, or just looking to cheer yourself up after a long week, this easy chocolate cookie recipe, made using luxurious Godiva chocolate, will be one you hand down for years to come.
- Godiva Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 240g of unsalted butter, softened
- 200g of granulated sugar
- 180g packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 360g of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 226g of Godiva dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 250g Godiva milk chocolate ( to use as chocolate chips)
- Preheat your oven to 175°C and Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the chopped Godiva dark chocolate and Godiva milk chocolate chips until evenly distributed in the cookie dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving some space between each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. The centres may still look slightly undercooked, but they will continue to set as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to wire racks or another heat safe surface to cool completely.
- Enjoy your decadent Godiva chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk or your favourite hot beverage!
The indulgent and luxurious taste of Godiva chocolate makes this chocolate cookie recipe even better! You can customise them to your liking, too by adding nuts, white chocolate, or even our delicious chocolate pearls for additional flavour! We hope you love this recipe just as much as we do.